Throughout the pandemic, Royal Voluntary Service has provided practical and remote support to people, communities and the NHS throughout Great Britain. As COVID-19 restrictions ease and the long pandemic recovery lies ahead, more and more of our services are re-opening. We’re taking things slowly and safely, and are excited to be welcoming you and others back, and to be introducing new services too.
Our services are delivered one-to-one, in groups and online, and are designed for anyone living with, affected by or at risk of multiple health issues, loneliness and isolation, bereavement and other setbacks or obstacles.
Volunteers deliver our services because where volunteers are, individuals and communities thrive. Through the skills and compassion of our trained volunteers and staff, our services in the community and in the NHS provide real benefits that improve lives and support health and wellbeing.
- Practical and emotional support to build resilience and confidence so that life’s challenges or a hospital stay are easier to cope with.
- Social activities to provide connection, companionship and enjoyment.
- Social dining and hospital shops, cafés and trolley services to support good nutrition and hydration.
- Physical activities to improve strength and mobility, aid recovery and prevent hospital re-admission.
- Community and patient transport to make it easier to access local services and relieve pressure in the NHS.
For those unable to access community activities in person, our popular, free Virtual Village Hall connects people online and helps you to stay active, with hundreds of free activities to try.
NHS Volunteer Responders offers help to people in need of support during the COVID-19 pandemic. Call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm)
Coronavirus support and guidance
Find what services are available in your local area
Partner with Royal Voluntary Service
We work with local and national partners to implement programmes of support in communities and to ease pressure on the NHS.
See how we can work together
Do you need support?
If you need help collecting shopping, medication or other essential supplies, please call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm)
Find out more
Want to volunteer?
It couldn't be easier!
Sign up online and we'll get back to you with all the information you need to make a difference in your local community and NHS.
Make a donation to Royal Voluntary Service
Donate today and help us minimise the impact of COVID-19 on our most vulnerable and ensure that isolation doesn’t have to mean coping alone.
Support us today