Giving our all, always
Throughout our 80-year history, our vital services have been a lifeline to those who need them the most, and during the COVID-19 pandemic we adapted our services so that we could keep supporting our NHS and the most vulnerable in our communities.
As we continue to cope and recover from the impact of the pandemic, there remains an urgent need to support people across Britain. Royal Voluntary Service volunteers are on the frontline helping people in crisis.
Royal Voluntary Service volunteers are stepping up to provide care in ways that only they can, from helping patients home from hospital, to delivering vital prescriptions and food, to ensuring no one is lonely or isolated. Our volunteers give their all, always, providing practical and emotional support to older and vulnerable people in communities and in hospitals.
Your support can be a lifeline to those who need it most
Your support will help our volunteers to continue to give their all and provide urgent health and wellbeing support to over 10,000 vulnerable people, including:
- Companionship calls and safe and well checks, providing regular social contact for people struggling to leave the house and ensuring they are safe and well
- Transport to vital medical appointments, social groups and community services
- Weekly Dementia Cafés and groups, supporting the wellbeing of those living with dementia and their carers
- Support when returning home from hospital with regular visits, calls, shopping and prescription collections and physical rehabilitation
- Help accessing groups and services online, including our Virtual Village Hall online community platform.
Please support Royal Voluntary Service and help the most vulnerable in our communities.
I have no idea what I’d do without Hawa and Royal Voluntary Service.
John from Kirklees had his leg amputated in 2005 and has used a wheelchair ever since. He describes Hawa, who has been supporting him since 2014, as a ‘lifesaver and a friend’.
Talk to us...
Our partnerships and philanthropy team are on hand to discuss how your support can deliver the biggest impact for vulnerable individuals and provide a lifeline to those in need.