Rosemary Shrager’s Happy Plate recipe:
Baked salmon with a peanut sauce, served with broccoli and bacon
- 4 medium salmon fillets
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Juice of 2 limes
- Pinch cayenne
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar (Mirin)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 90mls chicken stock
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- One pinch cayenne
Preheat the oven to 180c
- In a bowl add the garlic, olive oil, paprika, lime juice and a pinch of cayenne. Mix well and pour over the salmon. Leave to marinate for 5 minutes whilst you make the sauce.
- To make the sauce, put everything into a small sauce pan, mix well together then simmer for 30 seconds, put to one side to cool down.
- Put the salmon onto a baking tray and place in the preheated oven for approx. 6-8 minutes until it is cooked through.
- Serve the sauce on the side
Broccoli with bacon, sunflower seeds and garlic
- 500g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50g butter
- 4 rashes unsmoked bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp nigella seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and then put in the broccoli, and cook for approx. 3 minutes until al dente. Drain well.
- In the same pan, place oil and butter, cook the bacon until crispy. Now add the garlic, nigella seeds, and sunflower seeds, cook for one minute, then fold in the broccoli. Season if necessary.
Brought to you from Rosemary Shrager
Rosemary Shrager has stepped in to help banish winter blues by launching a collection of Happy Plate recipes which will be served at our lunch clubs.
Happy Plates are part of our Stay Safe, Warm and Well campaign which offers wellbeing advice and support this winter.
Rosemary’s Happy Plates are delicious recipes filled with accessible ingredients that have been identified by nutritionists at Yakult as top foods to help boost mood.