Volunteer for the NHS and your community
Where are you looking to volunteer?
Thousands of opportunities. Volunteer your way.
Do good and feel good
We offer a wide variety of flexible volunteering opportunities. Through volunteering you’ll be contributing to others while enjoying personal rewards. With no fixed hours for volunteering, you can give the time that suits you, putting you in control of when and where you help.
Our volunteering opportunities are tailored to students and young adults. It’s a great way to showcase your commitment and develop skills for the future. A couple of hours of volunteering also makes you feel great, our research shows volunteering can offer significant benefits to your own mental health and wellbeing. You’ll be amazed at the effect one conversation or a heartfelt thank you can have.
Discover the rewards of volunteering
Volunteering is a great way to use your skills to help others but it can benefit you in plenty of ways as well.
- It’s a great way to get work experience: get a head start in the jobs market
- It will help your CV stand out from the crowd while you're still studying or on a gap year or no longer in education.
- Add strength to your university application with your volunteering experience.
- You can learn new skills that will help you in both your professional and personal life.
- Meet new people and expand your social horizons - our volunteers are all ages and come from all walks of life.
- Improve your mental health and wellbeing.
- Build your confidence.
Hear from some of our younger volunteers
Royal Voluntary Service is encouraging students to discover the joys of volunteering. Not only does it help the NHS and your community, it’s also good for you in many ways. As well as having a proven benefit to your physical and mental wellbeing, it can help you gain much needed work experience and improve your CV.
Flexibility is at the heart of volunteering with Royal Voluntary Service - you give the time that suits you. It could be anything from a couple of hours each month or just 15 minutes once a week - we can fit around your busy life. Because we’re a national charity there are, more than likely, multiple volunteer opportunities close to you. Any time you can give will make all the difference and you’ll be part of a great team.
As we head into winter, more volunteers are needed to provide life changing support for vulnerable and isolated people. Why not make a difference for the NHS and your community, and volunteer for a better you?