Acceptable use policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and WRVS, a registered charity (numbers: 1015988 & SC038924) whose registered address is Royal Voluntary Service, Beck Court, Cardiff Gate Business Park, Cardiff, CF23 8RP (“we”, “us” or “our”) under which you may access this website. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, this website.
Your use of this website means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our website terms and conditions.
You may use this website only for lawful purposes. You may not use this website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards, which are set out below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of this website
- any equipment or network on which this website is stored
- any software used in the provision of this website
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Interactive services and moderation
We may from time to time provide interactive services on this website, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms
- Bulletin boards
- Message Boards
- Discussion Boards
- Our Nationwise project; and
- Opportunities to submit comments online.
Where we do provide any interactive services, we will provide information to you about the kind of interactive service offered.
Our interactive services are post-moderated. That means that contributions to this website will be published immediately after they are submitted or uploaded. The interactive services will be checked by a moderator at least once a week to make sure that contributions meet the website terms and conditions, including the content standards in this acceptable use policy.
However, please note that we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on this website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
If you believe that a contribution has been published that breaks the website terms and conditions or the acceptable use policy, please report it to the webmaster as soon as possible.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to this website (“contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of this website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of the website terms and conditions upon which you are permitted to use this website, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use this website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to this website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on this website.