We already work with over 200 local authorities and support over 100,000 older people every month. Our point of difference is our user-centred approach. What matters is that every older person can get the help they need locally to live the life they want.
What makes us unique is a powerful combination of face to face personal support and practical locally delivered services personalised to the needs of that individual.
We enable the individual user to choose, control and as with personalised budgets or self-directed care, directly able to purchase the support they need.
Royal Voluntary Service enables maximum return on public sector investment in services for older people through:
- clear value for money through volunteer delivered services that can help build a big society
- Royal Voluntary Service is a single point of contact for a range of local service provision which reduces administration and delivery costs
- measurable proven impact on outcomes
- enhanced social return on public investment through building local capability and strengthening community cohesion
- agreed Service Level Agreements and user KPIs
- user engagement through ongoing service research monitoring and three year well-being research programme
- benefits of national organisation sharing best practise across the country.
We have Seven Pillars of Support to help meet the social care needs of people in your area.
Ensuring older people are at the heart of what we do
Focusing on outcomes
Prioritising services that promote well-being
Understanding local needs
Delivering Value and Social Return on Investment
Innovating and growing to meet expected demand
Continuing to develop our professional partnerships
Work in partnership with Royal Voluntary Service?
Work with us to improve the lives of older people.
Get in touch
Let's end going home alone
Support our campaign by spreading the word, volunteering, making a donation or by commissioning local services.
Visit our campaign web pages
Commission a service
Talk to us with us about commissioning a new Home from
Find out more
Hospital support service,
or partnering with us.
Real life stories
See how Royal Voluntary Service volunteers give their time to make life better for older people in their local communities.
Meet our volunteers