NHS Surge Support
Royal Voluntary Service are supporting the NHS by a range of interventions and support models to help address the challenges facing the NHS through various points during the patient journey.
The support available is low level, short term/one-off volunteering interventions.
If any of your patients need support our volunteers can help in a variety of ways:
Patient Support Volunteer (Community)
- Supporting patients in their homes before/after hospital admission
- Provide nutrition guidance
- Safe and well checks and check in calls
- Help to build confidence and set recovery goals.
Patient Support Volunteer (Hospital)
- Provide company and reassurance to those awaiting admission
- Preparing patients to go home through onward assessment
- Signposting patients to local partner organisations to deliver services patients require.
Patient Transport Volunteer
- Driving patients to hospital ahead of admission
- Driving patients home from hospital following an admission
- Driving patient to and from vaccination centres
- Provide comfort and support to vulnerable people.
Speak to us
To make a referral for a patient that requires our
support, please call our Surge Support Referral Support Team – Monday to Friday 9am-5pm on 029 2274 9703
If you would like to find out further information about
referrals including eligibility into our Surge Support Programme, please email us.