Thursday, 03 September 2020
On Thursday 17 September at 8pm, you, your family and friends can get your PJ’s on, sit back and enjoy an evening of variety and entertainment for a brand new online event: The Massive Get Together!
We are pleased to announce that Royal Voluntary Service, along with 10 other local and national charities, has been chosen to participate in this event to help celebrate the amazing work that has been done across the UK to support those most vulnerable during the COVID-19 pandemic.
So far, the following acts have been confirmed:
- Gabby Roslin and Amanda Byram will be hosting for the evening
- Only Fools and Horses reunion with Boycie and Marlene!
- Chesney Hawkes performing ‘The One And Only’
- Singers and Presenter, Myleene Klass - performing a piano recital with her daughters
- Top New Normal Tips with Strictly star and This Morning host, Dr Raj Singh
- Presenter on Good Morning Britain and former host of Top of the Pops, Andi Peters
- Performances from Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Callum Beattie and Nadine Coyle
- Comedienne Nina Conti & her Granny
- The Scottish Ballet
- …and many more!
Tickets cost £10 per household and can be purchased at crowdfunder.co.uk/the-massive-get-together
– all the money raised will go to charity.
For further information
Royal Voluntary Service is one of the largest voluntary service organisations in Britain. We inspire and enable volunteers to help people in need in hospitals, at home and in the community.
Our volunteers improve patient experience in hospital, aid recovery after a stay on ward, help older people support themselves at home, stay fit and active and build meaningful social connections.
Royal Voluntary Service supports volunteers to run services in the community such as lunch and dining clubs, physical activity classes, craft, gardening and other hobby groups. We work collaboratively with other charities, social care providers and the NHS to help create a society where everyone feels valued and involved.
The charity is one of the UK’s largest hospital retailers with volunteer-run shops, cafés and trolley services providing tea and company to patients, hospital staff and visitors.
To become a local volunteer search for volunteering opportunities in your area. Or help make a difference by making a secure online donation.
If you are a member of the press and have a media enquiry please contact the Media Team. For all other enquiries, contact us.