Royal Voluntary Service is one of Britain’s largest volunteering charities. For over 80 years we have been inspiring and enabling people to give the gift of voluntary service to meet the needs of the day in their communities. Today, thousands of volunteers support people as they age and help the NHS to make more time to care.
Our focus is on building confidence, improving health and wellbeing and keeping loneliness at bay through an array of social activities and more structured support in hospital and at home. Working across hundreds of hospitals, we are also one of the largest retailers in the NHS, providing much valued services in hospitals.
What you could fund
Royal Voluntary Service is a charity that relies on the support of corporate partners to help raise the funds we need every day so our volunteers can keep on reaching out with friendship, running social events and activities in local communities, giving practical help to people that need it and supporting the NHS. Current partners include Legal & General
and more. There are many ways a corporate partner can make a positive difference to our communities.
Fund a service or project
Your company can choose to support a project close to you, by geography or service type. Alternatively, you can give a general donation that allows us to direct the funds to where it is most needed.
We can also manage challenges for teams of employees and work with our events providers to develop something exciting that will generate excellent press opportunities.
Charity of the Year
Whatever your type of company, size or structure, we will work with you to deliver exciting and innovative Charity of the Year partnerships, and work hard to ensure your employees are fully engaged and benefit from our partnership. We can offer marathon places, challenge events, fundraising tips and ideas as well as support with national fundraising campaigns. We’ll also work with you to help develop your own calendar of activities to get everyone motivated and working together.
Cause Related Marketing
Cause Related Marketing or CRM can deliver real benefits to your brand and an uplift in sales. We can help to launch new products, attract new audiences and differentiate your brand in a highly competitive marketplace. We have expertise in developing on-pack promotions, in-store merchandising and trade promotions.
- Research has shown that publicly linking a brand with a charity can provide a credible incentive for customers and staff to select your products over others and support their community at the same time.
- Further benefits include strong brand switching incentives, increased long-term customer loyalty, brand equity and sales.
Royal Voluntary Service host a number of high-profile events, campaigns and fundraising initiatives available for sponsorship. We offer extensive branding and media benefits, opportunities include:
- National campaigns to raise the awareness of Royal Voluntary Service and our work
- Research and projects on key issues facing volunteers, older people and our society
- Specific projects and services.
Our services are delivered almost entirely by the goodwill of our volunteers, and we have been matching volunteers to rewarding roles for over 80 years. Volunteering for Royal Voluntary Service can help your employees develop a breadth of new skills to bring back to the workplace along with confidence and renewed enthusiasm.
Royal Voluntary Service one-off, short term and on-going volunteering and secondment opportunities could include:
- Something personal – Sharing a cup of tea and stories with someone in their home or during a hospital stay to help reduce loneliness or isolation
- Something practical - DIY assistance, helping with shopping or providing lifts for those who cannot get out and about
- Something professional – Royal Voluntary Service has a need for skills and experts from a range of fields to support us locally with fundraising, training, marketing or mentoring
- Something en masse! – support our events and fundraising activities around the country.
Gifts in kind
Donating products and services or prizes to support the charity are invaluable because they save us money.
We offer organisations choosing to support us with gifts in kind donations many of the promotional benefits our corporate partners enjoy. Over the years our partners have been able to provide a wide range of services, from legal advice, design and print, our telephone system and IT through to refreshments for sporting and challenge events and prizes for our raffles.
Reap the benefits of a partnership with Royal Voluntary Service
With volunteers all across Great Britain, we are a national charity with a local feel. Our community centres and lunch clubs give us a huge reach to promote your company, brand, product or service through partnership programmes. We run hospital cafés, trolleys and shops and in many cases profits raised through sales is gifted back to the hospitals to improve services and equipment for patients and the local community.
Talk to us...
...to find out how supporting Royal Voluntary Service could be of mutual benefit and make good business sense. Call us on 0800 731 9197 or click the button below.
Get in touch