Why partner with Royal Voluntary Service?
The UK’s ageing population is growing and needs more support; there are ten million people over the age of 65 today and by 2023 this number will have increased to 13 million.
Despite having led active lives, older people often become physically and socially isolated, following bereavement and/or with family, friends and neighbours moving away. Four million older people currently live alone, and more than one million older people living in Britain say they are always or often lonely - no longer allowed to drive and too frail to go to the shops, eating alone, every day of the week.
Reap the benefits of a partnership with Royal Voluntary Service
Royal Voluntary Service needs to be everywhere - wherever and whenever we are needed by people as they approach their later years, to ensure they can do so with dignity, not fear.
Royal Voluntary Service has the ambition to reach two million older people through our services over the next ten years and we need your support to achieve this.
We can offer you many opportunities to work with a charity that has very direct benefits in the community. With more than 25,000 volunteers, of all ages, Royal Voluntary Service is one of the UK’s largest volunteer organisations helping 100,000 older people each month.
We have 500 hospital cafés and shops and 450 community centres and lunch clubs, giving us huge reach to promote your company, brand, product or service through various partnership programmes.
Royal Voluntary Service host a number of high-profile events, campaigns and fundraising initiatives available for sponsorship. We offer extensive branding and media media benefits. Opportunities include:
- Sing Your Heart Out and GrandFest, our major annual fundraising and awareness events.
- Campaigns - National awareness raising campaigns that aim to change the perception people have of older people and their contribution to society.
- Research reports and projects
- Other special events throughout the year.
Cause Related Marketing
Cause related marketing or CRM can deliver real benefits to your brand and an uplift in sales. We can help to launch new products, attract new audiences and differentiate your brand in a highly competitive marketplace. We have expertise in developing on-pack promotions, in-store merchandising and trade promotions.
- Research has shown that publicly linking a brand with a charity can provide a credible incentive for customers and staff to select your products over others and support their community at the same time.
- Further benefits include strong brand switching incentives, increased long-term customer loyalty, brand equity and sales.
See how we have partnered with LV=
Charity of the Year
Whatever your type of company, size and structure, we can work with you to deliver exciting and innovative Charity of the Year partnerships. We will ensure your employees are fully engaged and meet their fundraising potential through a variety of existing and bespoke events, including marathon places, challenge events and support with our national fundraising campaigns. We’ll also work with you to help develop your own calendar of activities to get everyone motivated and working together.
This is how your company can make a difference:
- £15,000 will joint fund an on-ward befriending service with a local NHS, reaching around 600 older patients
- £20,000 funds research to help raise the profile of problems faced by the older generation and help us to improve the services we offer to older people
- £30,000 funds a Good Neighbours befriending scheme that reaches 150 older people a year, keeping them safe and well in their homes and connected to their local community
- £60,000 runs a Home from Hospital scheme for one year, supporting 300 older people for the vital first six weeks after returning home
- £120,000 enables us to set up three new transport services at Royal Voluntary Service hubs
- £300,000 allows us to establish two new Royal Voluntary Service hubs in a given region such as London
- £500,000 enables Royal Voluntary Service to provide life-changing companionship to around 10,000 older people for one year via our befriending schemes.
Companies find that fundraising and volunteering for Royal Voluntary Service is a great way to motivate staff, encourage creativity, improve communications and promote team-building.
We have guaranteed places in the UK’s major running event, the Virgin London Marathon and other fundraising challenges. We can also put on bespoke challenges for teams of employees and would work with our events providers to come up with something that would suit your requirements and generate excellent press opportunities. We can also offer your employees the chance to take part in a dream challenge event, whilst raising money for Royal Voluntary Service
This is what your money can do:
- £6 covers the cost of delivering one of our Meals on Wheels – not just a hot nutritious meal brought to an older person in their home, but also a regular visit from a friendly face who cares
- £10 could help provide essential equipment for a volunteer to help older people in an emergency
- £17 could help recruit a new volunteer. We couldn’t exist without the dedication of more than 40,000 volunteers who give up their time to make life better for older people
- £30 helps a Good Neighbours volunteer make regular visits to an older person at their home
- £100 could help with the costs of a weekly lunch club where older people can meet old friends and make new ones. Imagine going a whole month without speaking to a friend or relative – that’s the reality for 300,000 older people in Britain today.
Find out more about the services we offer to help older people.
Our services are delivered almost entirely by the goodwill of 35,000 volunteers, and we have been matching volunteers to rewarding roles for over 75 years. Volunteering for Royal Voluntary Service can help your employees develop a breadth of new skills to bring back to the workplace along with confidence and renewed enthusiasm.
Royal Voluntary Service one-off, short term and on-going volunteering and secondment opportunities could include:
- Something personal – Sharing a cup of tea and stories with an older person at home or during a hospital stay to help reduce loneliness or isolation
- Something practical - DIY assistance, helping with shopping or providing lifts for those who cannot get out of the house
- Something professional – Royal Voluntary Service has a need for skills and experts from a range of fields to support us locally with business planning, training, marketing or mentoring
- Something from the office – you can offer your skills as a telephone befriender from your normal workplace at a time convenient to you
- Something en masse! – support our events and fundraising activities around the country.
Your company can choose to support a project close to you, by geography or service type. Alternatively, you can give a general donation that allows us to direct the funds to where it is most needed.
See how we have partnered with ITV
Gifts in kind
Donating products and services or prizes to support the charity are invaluable.
We want to work with you
If raising your profile in the community is a corporate objective, talk to us to find out how supporting Royal Voluntary Service could be of mutual benefit and make good business sense. Call our corporate fundraising team on 0800 731 9197 or email us email@example.com. Read more about some of the partners we've worked with and contact us today!