Retail Customer Assistant (part time) (J002383)
- Macclesfield District General Hospital, Macclesfield, Cheshire
- £8.21 per hour
- Closing date:
- 5 PM, Monday 27 January 2020
Are you friendly, outgoing and committed to providing an outstanding level of customer service? Want to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment and enhance your experience with a successful charity? If so, read on.
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now looking for a Retail Customer Assistant to join their team on a part time basis.
Within a welcoming and team-focused environment, you will have the chance to undertake great training and make a positive difference to staff, visitors and patients.
As a Retail Customer Assistant, you’ll support the Retail Manager and team in running the shop and coffee shop in Macclesfield District General Hospital.
In this varied role, you will:
- Provide a friendly, helpful service to customers
- Primarily sell newspapers, magazines and confectionery
- Operate the till and undertake cash reconciliation as required
- Receive incoming deliveries, distribute, maintain and date rotate stock
- Complete regular stock checks
- Help volunteers to meet the operational requirements
- Undertake duties in the absence of the Senior Service Assistant
Interested? To be considered, you’ll need:
- Great customer service skills
- A positive attitude
- The willingness to learn
Self-motivated and organised, as a Retail Customer Assistant, you’ll have superb communication skills. You’ll also be friendly and personable with a caring, sensitive approach to customers and volunteers.
Knowledge of EPOS systems would be beneficial to your application, as would previous experience in a retail environment. Experience of general administrative processes would also be an advantage.
This is a part time role, working 20 hours per week over 7 days, which will include weekend working.
The closing date for applications is 27 January 2020.
Please apply via the button below.