Volunteer Coordinator (contract) (J002384)
- Leicester - office/field-based
- £15,821 per annum (full time) / £8.67 per hour (part-time)
- Closing date:
- 5 PM, Sunday 24 November 2019
If you have experience of working with volunteers and/or volunteer-led support groups, this is an incredible opportunity to take on a rewarding contract and make a positive impact in your community.
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to join us on a contract until 31 March 2020. This role is available on a full or part time basis.
Within a welcoming and supportive environment, you will have the chance to help grow important services that are reducing isolation, enriching communities and enabling people to make a real difference through volunteering.
As a Volunteer Coordinator, you’ll support the volunteer recruitment and training processes for our services in the Leicester area.
Working alongside Service Managers and their teams, you will:
- Develop and implement a volunteer recruitment and retention plan
- Recruit, train and motivate volunteers
- Interview volunteers and ensure they are placed in the most appropriate volunteering role
- Coordinate and facilitate regular volunteer meetings and training sessions
- Liaise with other organisations to identify potential sources of volunteers
- Carry out a range of administrative tasks
To be considered, you will need:
- Previous experience of working with volunteers and/or volunteer-led support groups or similar experience
- The ability to proficiently use industry standard IT systems (e.g. Microsoft Office, email, the internet, etc.)
- A valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
Organised and results-focused, as a Volunteer Coordinator, you’ll be an adept multi-tasker who can lead, inspire and engage others. You’ll also be enthusiastic and proactive with a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
This role is available on a full or part time basis, working up to 35 hours per week. This role may involve some evening and weekend working, so a flexible approach is key.
The closing date for applications is 24 November 2019.
Please apply via the button below.