Service Coordinator (part time, contract) (J002396)
- Western General Hospital, Edinburgh
- £8.57 per hour
- Closing date:
- 5 PM, Sunday 01 December 2019
We are an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now looking for a part time Service Coordinator to join us on a contract until 31 March 2021.
If you have some knowledge of the NHS, this is the ideal role in which to do more, help people and support some incredible services that are making a huge difference to older people in hospital.
You will have the chance to support the success of a service that reduces patient recovery time and readmissions, lowers the impact of isolation and loneliness in older people and gives NHS staff more time to care for their patients.
As a Service Coordinator, you will support delivery of our On Ward service in Western General Hospital.
The On Ward service supports patients during their hospital stay, encouraging them to eat healthily and remain hydrated, exercise and improve their cognitive and physical abilities. Above all, the service focuses on supporting patients in preparing for a successful discharge from hospital.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will:
- Recruit, train and match volunteers with clients
- Support the growth and uptake of the service
- Assist with the day-to-day co-ordination of the service
- Ensure that all data is recorded in line with our client’s standards
Interested? To be considered as a Service Co-ordinator, you'll need:
- Some knowledge of the NHS, commissioning groups and local authorities, including health and social care bodies
- The ability to act on your own initiative within agreed parameters
- Excellent communication skills
National 5 certificates (or equivalent) at grade C or above in Maths and English would be beneficial, as would proficiency in standard IT systems.
This is a part time role, working 21 hours per week.
The closing date for applications is 1 December 2019, with interviews scheduled to be held on 9 December 2019 at our offices in George Street.
Please apply via the button below.