Service Manager (contract) (J002370)
- Royal Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy, Fife
- £20,512 per annum
- Closing date:
- 5 PM, Thursday 21 November 2019
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary time to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We are now looking for a Service Manager to join us for a fixed-term contract until the end of May 2020 which has a high likelihood of extension.
If you are a collaborative individual with experience of managing and motivating teams of staff and volunteers, this is the perfect opportunity to enhance your skills with a well-established organisation.
In this exciting role, you will have the chance to lead a passionate team including volunteers and deliver a really valuable service.
As the Service Manager, you will oversee the On Ward and Patient Transport services at Royal Victoria Hospital.
The On Ward service helps patients on wards with nutrition, hydration and both cognitive and physical exercises to support a successful discharge from hospital. The Patient Transport service ensures that patients are accompanied home after a hospital stay and provides company and reassurance once they are back home.
Specifically, you will:
- Recruit, motivate and manage a team of volunteers
- Line manage two part time Coordinators
- Set up and mobilise the two services in a timely fashion
- Promote the service to all NHS contacts and build strong relationships
- Manage the service budget
To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of managing and motivating teams of staff and volunteers
- To be commercially aware with relevant experience of managing a similar service type
- Knowledge of the needs of the community and the groups, providers and bodies within it, including health and social care providers
- An understanding of how to use basic data to monitor trends and provide forecasts
As the Service Manager, you will have excellent communication skills and be able to work on your initiative. A team leader, you will be able to motivate staff and volunteers and establish positive and effective partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a full time role, working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
The closing date for this role is 21 November 2019.
Please apply via the button below.