Relief Service Coordinator (contract) (JR-JW- J002393)
- Galashiels, Scottish Borders
- £8.57 per hour
- Closing date:
- 5 PM, Friday 06 December 2019
Are you friendly, outgoing and committed to providing an outstanding level of customer service? Could you be flexibile to support dedicated staff with a fantastic charity? If so, read on.
We are an innovative not-for-profit organisation that helps to make life better for older people in the UK. We believe that everybody should matter, regardless of how old they are. We are now looking a Relief Service Coordinator to join our team on a contract, working on a relief basis.
Within a welcoming and team-focused environment, you will have the chance to make a positive difference to staff, volunteers and visitors on a day-to-day basis.
As a Relief Service Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for helping run and manage social centres throughout the Scottish Borders when Centre Managers are on leave or absent.
In this diverse role, you will:
- Make sure all visitors have positive experiences at the centres
- Ensure that the highest levels of customer care are delivered
- Delegate tasks to staff and volunteers
- Manage and motivate your team of volunteers
- Help out with light cooking duties
- Undertake some cash handling
Interested? To be considered, you’ll need:
- Excellent customer service skills
- To be IT literate and able to access and send emails
- A full and valid driving licence
Self-motivated and organised, as a Relief Service Coordinator, you’ll have superb communication skills and a friendly approach. You will also need to be personable with a caring, sensitive attitude towards customers and volunteers.
Experience of working with volunteers or volunteer-led support groups would be beneficial to your application. Experience of coordinating community activities or services would also be beneficial.
The closing date for applications is 6 December 2019 with the interviews being held on 13 December 2019 in Galashiels.
Please apply via the button below.