Activity Co-ordinator (part time) (HKRZZ2603/JW-J002073)
- Field Based (covering Reading and Basingstoke area)
- £9.50 per hour
- Closing date:
- 5 PM, Wednesday 24 April 2019
Do you have experience of delivering community activities and events? Want to help older people to stay active, healthy and engaged with their community? If so, our client would love to hear from you.
We are an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. Now, they are looking for a part time Activity Co-ordinator to join us on a contract until the 31 December 2019.
Fostering a supportive and friendly environment, our client offers the chance to make a positive, lasting impact on people in your community and support the ongoing efforts of their charity.
As an Activity Co-ordinator, you will support the delivery of our First Time for Everything programme in the Reading and Basingstoke areas.
The First Time for Everything programme aims to give older people the chance to try something new, exciting and innovative in their own communities. Activities can be anything that might appeal to target audiences but could include anything from exercise classes and camera skills lessons to yoga, dance sessions or even paddle boarding!
Reporting to the Community Development Operations Manager, you will:
- Create and deliver a local area plan
- Build relationships with volunteers, local groups and organisations
- Ensure that all activities are delivered in a safe and compliant manner
- Support existing community development and engagement work in the community
- Manage the local delivery budget and expenditure
- Recommend ways to improve existing processes
Interested? To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of delivering community activities in a safe and compliant manner
- Previous experience of working with volunteers
- The ability to inspire, motivated and sustain community activity
Enthusiastic and proactive, as an Activity Co-ordinator, you will have excellent communication skills and the ability to build positive working relationships. You’ll also be able to inspire and motivate others to sustain community activities.
This is a part time role, working 20 hours per week flexibly to meet the needs of the project.
The closing date for applications is the 24 April 2019.
To apply for the role of Activity Co-ordinator (Part Time), please apply via the button below.