Terms & conditions
Information about us and this website
1. This website is operated by Royal Voluntary Service, a registered charity (numbers: 1015988 & SC038924) whose registered address is Royal Voluntary Service, Beck Court, Cardiff Gate Business Park, Cardiff CF23 8RP (“we”, “us” or “our”)
3. These Terms & Conditions also apply to any website under our control from which a link has been created to these Terms & Conditions.
Accessing this website
4. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
5. When using this website, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy.
6. If you register as a user of this website you must only do so only as yourself and not as anyone else. Upon registration, you will be given a My Royal Voluntary Service account. You must keep your password for your account secret and not allow anybody else to use your account or your password.
7. We have the right to disable any account or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms & Conditions.
Material on this website
8. We take reasonable care to ensure that the factual information we provide on this website is accurate and complete but we give no warranty or representation about the accuracy or completeness of any such information.
9. Commentary and opinions posted on this website by us are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to this website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
10. This website also allows registered users, including members of the public, to make contributions. Those contributions and any opinions, commentary or views expressed in them are theirs and unless specifically stated, are not ours. We are not responsible for such contributions.
11. As far as we are aware we own and/or are the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this website and all copyright in the information and materials provided by us on this website (including but not limited to text and images/graphics). However, if you believe that any copyright in material published on this website belongs to you and you have not given your permission for such use, please contact the Royal Voluntary Service webmaster.
12. You may not copy, reproduce or publish any of the contents of this website without our prior written consent or, where applicable, the prior consent of the respective copyright owner(s). Documents on this website may not be downloaded, altered or adapted for any purpose except for personal, non–commercial use.
13. Links provided on this website are provided for information purposes only. We encourage the use of third party website links and any website wanting to create a link to this website or to request a link to be created for them must contact the Royal Voluntary Service webmaster
. Links to downloadable software websites are for convenience only. We are not responsible for any difficulties or consequences associated with them.
14. We are not responsible for the contents or the reliability of linked third-party websites, either to or from this website, and we do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. No endorsement or approval of any third parties or of any of their advice, opinions, information, products or services is to be inferred from, or is implied by the existence of links to any such third party websites.
Your use of this website
15. You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe our rights or the rights of any third party. You must not knowingly introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technically harmful. Framing of this website or any part of it is not permitted without our express written consent.
16. We do not accept liability for any damage whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential losses, arising out of, or in connection with the use, or loss of use, of this website or the information or materials available on this website or any technical difficulties you may encounter in connecting to or maintaining a connection with this website.
17. We do not warrant that the functions contained in this website will be interruption or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that makes it available are free from infection by viruses or bugs.
18. This website is currently intended for those who access it from the United Kingdom. Because of this we do not warrant or represent that the website or information within it complies with any relevant requirements that may be imposed by, or is appropriate for use in other countries.
Uploading material to this website
19. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material to this website, or to make contact with other users of this website, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. You promise that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that promise.
20. Any material you submit to this website will be considered non-confidential and by submitting such material you grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material (or part of it) and exercise all copyright and related rights in such material for the full term of such rights, in each case for any purpose and in any media known now or in the future, including, without limitation, in any guides or books we may prepare or publish, without payment to you. You also agree to waive any and all moral rights you may have in such material. If you don’t want to grant us the rights set out in this Condition 20, please do not submit any material.
21. We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to this website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
22. We will not be responsible or liable to you or any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of this website.
23. We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on this website if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy. We may also remove registered users from this website.
24. We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions from time to time by posting the changes online. You should not assume that the Terms & Conditions will remain unchanged.
25. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
24. If you have any questions regarding this website or any concerns about the information available or posted on it (including information posted by a user of this website), please send such queries or concerns to the Royal Voluntary Service webmaster